I accidentally pulled the kettle towards myself while I was filling in my mug for a hot coffee with boiling water and it went straight to my body. It was boiling and really hot but I only acquired first degree burns. However, first or third degree is still painful. Let me post this entry to give my clumsiness a good purpose after all, that is to give you some tips and warn you all to be very careful.
Immediately, I gave myself first aid and ran tap water to the affected area. I consulted Mr. G for some suggestions like treatment and ointment for fast healing. First degree burns usually have swelling and redness of the injured area. I have blisters at about 6 inches but the whole affected area was about 12 inches wide. Pain developed few minutes later but it subsides after putting Burnsil ointment in the affected areas.
How to treat first degree burns.
- Remove patient from heat source.
- Run cool tap water (not icy water) over burnt area.
- Gently clean the injured area.
- Gently dry. Apply anti biotic such as Silver Sulphadiazine
- Use a sterile bandage to cover burns
- Take tetanus vaccination, if required.