Born and raised in the Philippines, Jessica Gallegos, comes from a family of 12. Having started commercial modeling at a young age, performing in theatre, singing and hosting the children’s junior Probe team “5 and up”, she has become exposed to the field of arts. After majoring in Early Childhood Education at University Asia and the Pacific, she migrated to New York and pursued her career as a teacher. With much love for the arts, she studied make up and ventured into styling.
Her love for fashion is an everyday love affair even at a young age. It became apparent that this love translated to another hobby, designing clothes. From there it became a brand that is now called Wear Charlie- a one stop shop where you can pick clothes of your own liking and taste while having the luxury of being styled by the owner herself.
Jessica’s ease in knowing what looks good on a person is her forte. Combined with her eye for understated elegance and her unique sense of what works on your body, she can transform any garment you wear into a stand out outfit. See for yourself the pieces she has created and what else is in store for Wear Charlie.
Wear Charlie is a character I created to represent my personal style. It features ready-to-wear clothes I designed and a styled collection I hand picked and put together myself. Also, part of the brand’s services is doing custom made designs for its clients. Some of the clients I have designed for are notable celebrities like Danica Sotto-Pingris and Kristine Hermosa for their special events and TV guestings.
I design clothes for pregnant women, daywear and evening wear, and the whole collection is categorized according to themes. These themes represent my different style moods. (Read more about my themes in the shop section). This allows Wear Charlie guests to choose what they feel like wearing and shop freely exploring their own sense of style. Wear Charlie also does styling for its celebrity and non-celebrity clients for their events, guestings and their special occasions. (Contact Wear Charlie for more details)
What makes Wear Charlie unique?
It is a personalized shopping experience when you buy in Wear Charlie. Whether you shop online, at the Wear Charlie Closet (showroom), or at the Wear Charlie bazaar booth, you’d be able to get on hand tips from me on how to wear and mix and match your purchases with your existing wardrobe. For online shoppers, all you need to do is send me a message and I would gladly share with you ideas on how to style your outfits over the phone, through email, facebook or twitter.
It has featured outfit options I pick out that changes weekly/by weekly giving Wear Charlie guests the leisure of buying an already paired outfit or an idea on how to style their similar clothes from their wardrobe.
The thematic categories makes it easier for Wear Charlie guests to know what they want to buy and how they can match them, and it encourages them to try explore other styles of clothing ñ It has a blog section where I regularly write about Wear Charlie, my designs, styling and my personal anecdotes on my journey to a fashion-filled happy life.
The website also has a special section that features those who are in Wear Charlie and the messages and feedback its guests sends Wear Charlie and myself. ñ Wear Charlie has a comfortable and unique showroom called the “Wear Charlie’s Closet” where you can freely try on the clothes and have a private styling session and shopping experience.
Besides making custom made clothes for its clients, Wear Charlie can also alter and adjust your Wear Charlie clothes for you. ñ Wear Charlie also gives out special promos, discounts and freebies and you may even also give a Wear Charlie gift certificate to a friend or loved one as a gift. ñ Wear Charlie follows trends but also promotes clothes that are classic, basic and would fit the body well.
More importantly, Wear Charlie always has the customers in mind when it creates and sells its pieces. What’s more important is to have happy customers stepping out of the showroom or signing out of the website feeling awesome and confident in the clothes they’re wearing.
1. Summer Time Love. The Summertime Love Collection is characterized by everything spring and summer- bright and fun colors, flowers, happy patterns, beach and vacation wear.
2. Casual Sundays. The Casual Sunday Collection features Wear Charlie’s casual wear- shorts, dresses and comfy tops. Certainly, where else would you wear your comfiest cute clothes but the park? Thus each piece in this collection is named after famous parks around the globe.
3. Nomad. The Nomad Collection features the rough and rugged style and travelers comfort clothing of Wear Charlie. The names of this collection is inspired by Nomadic Tribes.
4. Sail Away. Sail Away features Wear Charlie’s nautical collection focusing mostly on red, blue, yellow and black hues as well as striped patterned and solid colored ensembles. This nautical collection is named after actual coasts around the world.
5. Somewhere in Time. Somewhere in Time features Wear Charlie’s vintage and classic collection focusing on neutral colors, laces, classic cuts and timeless patterns. And what better name to call these pieces but after classic stylish women themselves. The names in this collection are taken after style icons of the 20s-70s.
6. Date Night. The Date Night collection features Wear Charlie’s outfit options for your first date, girls’ night out, anniversary, engagement party, wedding and other dressy events. The names in this collection are taken after the streets New York City.
7. Pea in a Pod. This collection features Wear Charlie’s pregnancy and post pregnancy wear, and styles for full figured women. Most pieces in this collection are empire cut, gartered or loose.